Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Adapting

It's a good thing that I am good at adapting. The guinea pigs were supposed to stay by Luke in a large divided cage. However I misunderstood how large the cage was to be and when I saw it I decided it wouldn't work for them (it would have been far to small). So as a result Luke and I went to Menard's where I picked out a large shelving unit that now holds every one's tanks (at my house) AND my school books. And shockingly it isn't an eyesore, or at least not as bad of one as I was expecting. So now each guinea has its own cage (Ginger and Tanner) with Sonic below them and the reptiles above them. Lately, Ginger has been acting quite bitchy which is really pissing me off. I think it is just because any time they got used to a spot for their cages it changed. Hopefully now her behavior will improve that she has a more stationary home. I would be agitated too if my house kept moving on me.

I'd like to introduce you to the three larger leopard geckos that we got on black Friday for a -very- reasonable price.
Morning
Morning


Sunny

Sunny


Dawn



Dawn
They are all reasonably behaved for having got them from a local pet store. They were of good size and moved around in their cage while we were watching. In their new home they love to bask and we gave them four little hidey places to dig around in so that there would always be choices available for them. They also have a decent sized water dish which we haven't seen them use a lot, but that's okay. So far they have been fed roaches and crickets and on Sunday when we go to the All Animal Expo we will get some mealworms for them. I'm sure they will have a Merry Christmas, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment