Friday, January 14, 2011

Leopard Gecko - Midnight & Moon

While we were in Illinois (on the way home to be more precise), we met a lady to buy some leopard geckos from her. She sold us 3 beautiful adult female geckos that weigh about 50 grams each. Two had nipped tails at some point but have grown back well. We then purchased a decent sized male to breed with the females at a pet store. He has a little growing to do before I would feel comfortable putting them together, but he has some beautiful colors to him. Two of the four geckos we got that day have shed now and I took some pictures of them.
Midnight

Midnight


Midnight

Moon
Moon


Also, since I'm just getting into breeding leopard geckos...if you know what the kinds I have are called, please leave me a comment! I am very interested in learning about the different types. Also, Moon weighed 34 grams and Midnight was 58 grams, Twilight was 59 and Eve was 62. At what weight should I start putting a female in by him 1-on-1? If you have any opinions please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Heather, sorry we missed you at the show- just got too busy. I like your new leos. They're really cute. Congrats.
    Midnight is an albino (perhaps Tremper- there are 3 different albinos).
    For females, we wait until they are around 54 grams or so before breeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wally. Any guesses what Moon might be? I have three that look similar to him now.

    Also when and at what weight I should put the two together? I'm worried about one of the ladies beating him up.

    ReplyDelete