Saturday, February 26, 2011

Going to miss them.

So Luke and I have come to a conclusion recently, we have to much stuff. Stuff being different kinds of animals. Because we really want to get into breeding heavily we decided we needed room and began looking for what could go. I'm one of those people that gets really attached to things so the thought of any of my babies leaving is heartbreaking to me. So I thought about it for awhile and I looked at the frogs. I love the frogs. They are beautiful and amazing...and one of the only things left that has to have crickets until summer when we could catch worms. So I told Luke he could sell the frogs, only if he could get a reasonable price on them. If he would have posted them for free I would have been upset. They are in about a 20gal hex or so that we tried to so half water and half land on so that we could put newts in there too. Worked out beautifully, well more in theory than practice, but it still worked. So Luke decided he would sell the Wart-y Newts too that way we could put our Axolotls in the tank. Which would work much better because when we got the tank the hinge on the lid had to be fixed and as a result there were holes big enough for frogs to get out that had to be put in. So when i decorated I made sure that stems of plants went through so they would at least have a hard time getting out.

At any rate, someone took the frogs the other day and Luke didn't tell me. He just told me that I had a 'new kid'. So yesterday when I got to Luke's, after getting situated I asked where I should look. Luke wouldn't tell me so I just went to the frog tank to say hello to them and see how they were doing. I couldn't find them and then Luke told me they were gone. I was actually really sad about it. I guess that he traded them to a little boy who loves frogs. They have a bigger home than what they did, but the family wants to get a bigger home yet when they have some cash. That makes me happy, but I still miss them already. I was so bummed feeling that I just asked Luke to show me what tank for the 'new kid' that he traded for. It was in a little cage inside the 40breeder for the female leos that need to get a bit bigger. She is beautiful. I'm thinking that she is a snow, possibly a mack snow (super?) so that makes her pretty much white...with gorgeous jet black eyes. Jezebel was her instant name after a picture that I once saw of an artist who did humaniod cat women and gorgeous outfits. Jezebel was a fiery red headed one, kind of demonic in appearance. I searched and no matter what I type in I cannot find the artist any longer to link her website. All I know is she worked on 'bristol board' (I think, it sounds right) and used only Prismacolor markers.


Credit of the photos goes to Matt H. who kindly and patiently took pictures of them
Please, if you have any idea what Jezzie is for sure, please leave me a comment. She is mostly the whiteish color but she has a dark brown spot on her back that is kind of large, smaller dark spots on her tail and her head that are barely noticeable.

2 comments: